In 2023 we are celebrating International Women's Day again, there are events, talks and offers for and by women everywhere.
And this day is very controversial in itself! Do women still need an International Women's Day? I´d say yes!"
- Because many women don't have the courage to step forward and assert themselves.
- Because at EBCONT we have many women from other cultures and countries where being a woman is not as "simple" and safe as it is in Austria.
- And because we can use this day for reflection and ask ourselves questions as:
- What else do we need as a woman?
- What should we leave behind?
- Who can help us?
However, all the women's events around March 8, 2023 do not hide the fact that equality between men and women is far from being achieved. There is still a lot to do!
Iit is no longer enough to become stronger in the community and to support others, we must also start looking for allies: this brings us to the topic: Male Allyship.
We have to get together as well as look for male sponsors at work who push us. Men need to be brought on board so that they can understand how we tick and act and help us take an important step forward on our path to equality.
One of THE feminists and women's rights pioneers, the incomparable Frida Kahlo said:
"Laughter has made us invincible, not as those who always win, but as those who never give up."